Birthday Celebrations of Madras City
After a bit of hibernation, the city’s birthday bash is back in full vigor unleashed to its fuller and greater potential like never before. What was sowed as humble seeds as a citizen’s initiative had got matured itself into a series of splendour events planned right through the next week. The essential focus remains on the city itself and August 22 is observed as Madras Day.
There are as many as three dozens of events that are in the pipeline as the time of this writing scheduled between August 20 and August 27. We would like to share with the readers the various events that are planned in the city.
- Lyrics Competition by Unwind Center [rob (at) unwindcenter.com]
- Short (Video) Documentaries. [Submit in DVD format to Mylapore Times, 77 C. P. Ramaswamy Road, Alwarpet]
- T Shirt design contest [Send as JPEG file to madrasday (at) yahoo.com]
- Camera Mobile Phone Contest [Send as photos to contest (at) univercell.in]
- Madras Quiz for Tamil and English Medium students on Aug 26 and 27. Registration at P. S. Higher Secondary School, Mylapore.
- Photography Contest on ‘Marina Moods’ — About themes based on Marina Beach. [Submit to Mylapore Times before August 22]
- Heritage walks on weekends
- Coins, Maps, Photos and Books Exhibition on Vintage Madras from April 21 to 23 at Clive House inside Fort St. George.
- Motorcycle tours of heritage sites by Madras Bulls Motorcycling club.
- Hash run by Madras Hash House Harriers
- Readings at Nageshwara Rao on August 27.
Check out more details in TheMadrasDay website.