The SIM in RIM is in the brim to get dim
The RIM-driven Blackberry mobiles seems to be in troubled waters these days. A few bullet points about the RIM development are hereunder:
- A vision to expand outside the United States because of the slowing growth in United States.
- Saudi Arabia has ordered the suspension of Research In Motion Ltd’s BlackBerry smartphone service starting Aug 6, the state run Saudi Press Agency reported, citing the telecommunications authority.
- UAE bans blackberry use from August 11
- Curtains down for Blackberry show in India very soon
The simple reason for the ongoing downfall of Blackberry, as I deduce are the following:
- Non-cooperation of RIM management to the global governments to establish secure communication infrastructure
- Multiple (Security) Vulnerabilities in the communication infrastructure.
So next time your manager or some one brandishes a high-tech blackberry gadgets and presents a pompous boast in front of everyone you need to just challenge him with a simple security puzzle — “Are you the local affiliate of Al-Queda?”
Security is everyone’s responsibility. If some one is not cooperating for the global security and worldwide peace solidarity, such vectors would need to be quarantined. We hope RIM brings in a renaissance in their outlook lest the governments across the globe bring in a blackout on the blackberry services.