October 26, 2010
A while back if some one says ‘Anna University’ that would mean the historical ‘College of Engineering’ (Guindy), which now has a website at http://www.annauniv.edu/. Not sure what is the educational renaissance with the government of Tamil Nadu that they are bringing out distinct Anna Universities in different parts of the state. And each of the so-called Anna Universities have a different website theme.
A few of the Anna Universities that I came across are:
- Anna University (Coimbatore) http://www.annauniv.ac.in/
- Anna University (Trichinopoly) http://www.tau.edu.in/
- Anna University (Madurai) http://www.autmdu.ac.in/
- Anna University (Tinnevelly) http://www.annauniv.edu.in/
The education departments at least should make the appearance and theme of the websites consistent lest another phishing crook would set their own Anna University elsewhere too. We already have one such incident of fake court and police station in Chennai recently.
October 25, 2010
The recession seems to have stung Chennai Traffic Police too. For interestingly they are reeling under paucity of resources even to do their daily chores. Two incidents to prove this:
- Road signage not adhered by users and there are no cops to monitor and penalize them. Check out ‘The Hindu’ report here.
- The complaints in Chennai City Traffic Police regarding the various traffic snarls are remaining pending for more than 16 months now. Check out the list of complaints we submitted and that are still pending below.
Trust the government looks into the issues and get the issues sooner; sooner the better.
October 20, 2010
The mobile number portability in India seems to be suffering a fourth postponement now. Initially set to start in April 2009 was pushed to September 2009. Then it was set for December 2009 which again got pushed to April 2010. DoT finally set the deadline to October 2010. The reasons for postponement of MNP seems to be very silly when you view across the timeline.
- Non-readiness of the telecom operators
- Just because of the implementors of MNP has some software business in Pakistan, FIB of Ministry of Finance is skeptical about the security of the implementation.
The real reason is that the larger operators like Vodafone and Airtel are skeptical about they being wiped out post the number portability because of the bad customer trust they have earned over the years and hence they might be significantly contributing in lobbying in the government to delay the implementation.
When the Ministry of Finance compares security issues with Pakistan it has failed to note that Pakistan has successfully implemented the number portability even in 2007 (about three years back).
October 19, 2010
The once beautiful Garden City of Bangalore seems to be morphing itself into a hell-city now. The garden city might talk high about its sky-rocketing software developments in every nook and corner of the town but the said social enhancement seems to be poisoning our sacred social setup.
Extra marital relationships, paramour and henchmen teaming up to kill the spouses, alarming increase of nuclear families and to crown all these such problems which had been prevalant in lower classes have ascended upto upper middle class. “There has been a psychological disorder of infidelity and this trend is a new social challenge.” says Dr. A. Jagadish of Abhaya Hospital in Bangalore.
[Source Courtesy: The Times of India]