Exit Interviews give the management of the company a fair insight into why a resource is quitting and a reason for attrition. If they are truly committed they can improve upon the comments mentioned in the Exit Interview. However lot of small to medium software companies in Chennai treat employees as commodities. Hence to deal with them here are the things you can do:
- Use the below Exit-Interview Questionairre. Fill Up and Send to the Top Management and Labor Department.
- Review them on GlassDoor for the benefit of peer potential employees.
Reason for leaving
- Why have you decided to leave the organization?
- Did anything trigger your decision to leave?
- Was a single event responsible for your decision to leave?
- Have you shared your concerns with anyone in the company prior to deciding to leave?
- Did anyone in this organization discriminate against you, harass you, or cause hostile working conditions? (important to follow up if they say yes)
- What was most satisfying about your job? What was least satisfying about your job?
- What would you change about your job?
- What did you like most about this organization?
- What did you like least about this organization?
- What would you improve to make our workplace better?
- Did your job duties turn out to be as you expected?
- Were your job responsibilities characterized correctly during the interview process and orientation?
- Did this organization help you to fulfill your career goals? Were you happy with your pay, benefits and other incentives?
- Did any organization policies or procedures (or any other obstacles) make your job more difficult?
Supervision and support
- Do you feel you had the resources and support necessary to accomplish your job? If not, what was missing?
- The quality of supervision is important to most people at work. How was your relationship with your manager? What could your supervisor do to improve his or her management style and skill?
- Did you have clear goals and know what was expected of you in your job?
- Did you receive enough training to do your job effectively?
- Did you receive adequate support to do your job?
- Did you receive adequate feedback about your performance day-to-day and in the performance development planning process?
- Do you have any tips to help us find your replacement?
- Based on your experience with us, what do you think it takes to succeed at this organization?
- Would you consider working again for this organization in the future?
- Would you recommend working for this organization to your family and friends?
- What is your experience of employee morale and motivation in the company?
- What does your new company offer that encouraged you to accept their offer and leave this company?
- Can this organization do anything to encourage you to stay?
- Any other comments?