You might have observed that social media has been a terrific medium of customer support for several enterprises. A few days back there was an article in Telecomtalk regarding BSNL’s endeavor to enhance the social media experience of its users.
But for those who have interacted with BSNL through its social media handles the one gut feeling that they get is whether they are dealing with bots or dumba$$es because of the quality of gibberish scribbling we get from them. I have had these escalated to BSNL Pg Cell via CpGrams vide DOTEL/E/2016/39805 and on 7th November a response (acknowledgement) was obtained from them assuring to resolve the anomalies presented by their social media team.
Dear BSNL Team,
- I would bring to your kind attention that the BSNL Social Media Team needs to have radical renaissance in tune with the corporate objectives. Currently each division has their own @twitter handles and most of them are not verified. If you compare your rivals like @RelianceJio, @JioCare, @Airtel_Presence, @VodafoneIn, @IdeaCares, @IdeaCellular, @RelianceMobile they all have one or utmost two (one for presence, one for support handling) and both are verified accounts.
- Internally they take the responsibility to dispatch to the appropriate calling circle. For example I have sending request a few months to @VodafoneIn and when I was i KA, Karnataka circle used to service me. Now I had NMNPed to Chennai, their tamilnadu circle services the request (from Coimbatore).
- Also most of the responses from BSNL Twitter handles are almost like bot responses. A few of the boilerplate texts which we could see are: Sorry your request cannot be processed at present. You are requested to resubmit your Complete information again (80%) Your Grievance has been forwarded to the relevant circle office for resolution. They will keep in touch with you (20%) Sir your request cannot be processed at present however you can tweet with complete detail- Sir pl furnish the tel number for taking necessary action.please contact 22416200 (DGM Chr)
- And for tweets you do not need salutations like Sir/Madam. Also please etc can be removed. Because you have only 140 characters and the message alone needs to take priority.
- Social Media teams should remember one thing that these are not private docket e request/response but the content is indexed by search engines and visible throughout the world by everyone.
It is not only the enterprise image but the image of the country that is also impacted by the response. This book should be a good start for your social media entrepreneurs: Social Media Marketing by Dan Zarrella.
Thanks and Regards,
Response from BSNL: