Whenever I get a telemarketing call from a bank they say ‘Based on your relationship status …’. At times we might be confused on what types of relationships we had/have. If it is US we can look up for a credit report and savings bank reports operated from third parties. However since CIBIL applies only to credit cards I just thought how about requesting each bank a relationship summary. I had mentioned that the summary should include all closed and active relationships hitherto. This would ensure that no PII has been inadvertently misused by telemarketers/DSA/TSA.
Request sent on 21st December 2016
Here is the status as of now:
- Indian Bank. Got a spreadsheet from the branch in 2 days after IndCustomerFirst desk reminded the branch after a day.
- ICICI Bank. Responded in three days with an excel sheet in the most recent email address they had on records.
- Axis Bank. Other than an auto-responder no response yet.
- HDFC Bank. Totally no response.
- Standard Chartered. Borrowed ‘Additional Working Days’ two times and waiting for response.
- Central Bank of India (After 10 Days)
- Citibank. Borrowed ‘Additional Five Working Days’ today. And after a long delay of 12 days scribbled the below response on 2nd January 2017.
- IndusInd Bank. Totally no response.
Can this be taken as a measurement of transparency possessed by these banking organisations?